Recall all those lazy mornings when you actually wanted a great cup of coffee but was not in a mood to go to a fancy shop or was running really late to office or university, remember that you did not miss your cup of hot espresso because of your laziness or shortage of time but the reason is that you do not own the best coffee machine yet. Coffee machines do not only save time but also a great amount of money that you pay to the coffee shop in the name of taxes and stuff just for a single cup of coffee and still sometime you do not get the coffee according to your taste buds so buying a coffee machine is a worth taking decision. Buying a coffee machine needs some research as this is something you probably cannot replace easily because of the money you pay to own one so you have to take a quick scan in the market or on online pages to select the best espresso machine although buying one from the market is highly recommended rather than choosing one from the online pages because you should check the machine before buying it however, if the online pages offer a replacement or money back guarantee then there is no harm in shopping from them.
Different models of espresso machines are available in the market but you have to choose the one that matches to your taste of coffee. There are some qualities in a coffee machine that make it one of the best espresso machines. The first and foremost quality of best espresso machine is a built in grinder because a coffee machine without a grinder is as time consuming as not having a machine at all besides you will also need to grind the coffee according to the capacity of your espresso machine if the built in grinder is not fixed in the machine, and finding a right consistency for the machine will also consume your time so go for the one that already has strong built in grinder to grind the coffee according to your taste and demand. Built in grinder also come with a grinder dial in the machine which will help you to set the machine at the density level you want for your grind. However, do not grab the machine only by seeing the built in grinder because a coffee machine is a life time purchase so you have to invest wisely. Never hesitate in asking the shopkeeper to check a few machines before making a purchase and check the grinding ability of built in grinder too. The grinder of espresso machine must be able to granulate coarse to fine coffee beans and must not be jammed in between. Best espresso machines always have higher tolerance level for different types of grinds and their grinder can easily deal the variety so a built in grinder with good grinding ability makes the machine one of the best espresso machines.
Imagine that you desperately want a cup of coffee in the middle of the night as it will help you to relax after completing your work or you want it to get rid of the sleepiness but you can’t brew a cup for you because your coffee machine makes horrible noise which will disturb other members…scary much?? Yes it sometimes become painful to tolerate the noises that machineries make hence the second best quality of the best espresso machine is that it must have slow pace noise like flowing waves. Loud noises from machines also indicate cheap quality so avoid buying one that make noise even if someone is offering you a cheap price because later you will regret your purchase. Best espresso machine also have fine pour ability that makes coffee look creamy, smooth and uniform. Although the delicacy of the pourer affects the consistency of coffee too but the quality of machine is the first variable as in the best espresso machine, the coffee always comes out thick and slow because a fast extraction can cause running consistency with messy over extracted cups.
Top 5 machines:
1. De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espreso and Cappuccino Maker
This is a beautiful machine which circles very less area on the kitchen counter and due to its size its perfect for those who does not have spacious kitchen and it’s a must have for people sharing one room apartments as its small and beautiful with metallic silver accents. Another thing which makes it desirable for single or working people is its water reservoir capacity which is quite enough to give 8 to 10 cups before refilling plus the water storage reservoir is clear so that you get the idea of how much quantity is left in the machine. The heat-up time of this espresso machine is only about a minute which is very fast hence you don’t have to wait longer between frothing and brewing the coffee although this process requires time. This espresso machine also have longevity as this company always offer quality products on affordable price so the DeLonghi espresso machine is worth giving a shot because of price and quality.
(+)Pros of De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espreso and Cappuccino Maker
It has following qualities which make this machine a bit different from others in the market.
- It is very easy to clean as it have removable water tank of 35 ounce attaches with an indicator light and also have a detachable tray drip to aid the simple and easy cleaning. Disassemble and reassemble process does not require much time, so you can get back to brew coffee again immediately after cleaning it.
- The EC155 has strong self priming operation which saves the person from annoying start up manual process and makes the coffee easy to get. A person does not have to wait for a long time until boiler reach to the correct temperature hence coffee becomes easier and faster to get.
- This espresso machine has very gentle dual function filter holder which can easily tolerate different grinds like normal coffee beans to instant coffee powders. It gives the best espresso or cappuccino in the minimal time period.
- It fulfills the desire of having a fancy cup of coffee in the home premises with its ability to produce creamy rich frothing by Swivel Jet frother attached to it and one can have fancy latte or cappuccino without spending much money and energy.
- The boiler attached to it is made up of stainless steel which increases the counter life of this espresso machine and enables it to give delicious coffee for a long time.
(-)Cons of De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espreso and Cappuccino Maker
- You would need to manage the height of coffee cup according to that of machine because its frothing wand is only 3.1/4 from the counter top whereas distance of ground basket to tray measure 2.1/2 inches only.
- It lacks a good dry puck due to the watery soup in grounds basket.
- The machine can make you a coffee addict due to its quality espresso!
2. Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Machine in Black
This espresso machine is well-known for its ability to serve espresso, latte or cappuccino with creamy texture and it is for those who love and want the creaminess in a cup of coffee. It comes with a very strong nozzle that steams milk quite enough to produce the desired creamy consistency and the nozzle is also removable which makes the cleaning process of the machine very easy. The tip of frother in this espresso machine is made up of plastic which clearly wrecks the risk of building up rust over some parts of machine. The ECM160 is also very famous for its small size hence the placement of this machine on the kitchen counter does not really bother the users. The best thing about this little baby is that it does not make very much noise and known as quiet espresso machine due to this quality and it is also very inexpensive so anyone can own it without hesitation.
(+)Pros of Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espreso Machine in Black
This machine has some qualities which make it stand in the list of best espresso machine.
- The machine can give you not only delicious but also a beautiful cup of coffee because it provides the latte art of designing hearts over the coffee cup.
- As the name suggests this machine is able to serve 4 or more cups at a time because it has a powerful built-in steam system which enables the machine to brew more than 20 ounce coffee at a single shot.
- The milk frother is very robust so it gives a creamy consistency in cappuccinos and lattes.
- The measurements also become easy because of its glass decanter attached with serving measures ad it also provides drip free spouts.
- There is risk of burning the hand while brewing coffee because ECM160 4-cups, comes with a stay-cool handle.
- Cleaning of the machine is also very easy as the drip tray of this espresso machine is detachable.
(-)Cons of Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espreso Machine in Black
- It lacks the frothing pitcher due to its small size.
- Water usually starts to build up during regular use of the machine which affects the longevity of the machine and it either stops to work properly or destroys completely hence you need to clear up the water tank after every brew if you want this machine to work a little longer for you.
- This espresso machine is stream driven and one cannot fulfill the need of creamy consistency of coffee brewed through pump driven machine so it will disappoint you if you want it to work as good as pump driven machines do.
- This espresso machine also need de-pressuring time to time.
3. Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother in Black
This coffee machine is a bit expensive but totally worth the money as it gives the option of making different style of coffees at home and working with this machine is also fun because it is quite simple to use however, if money is not lying around you then you would have to save up quite a lot.
The machine comes in a pair of beautiful steamer and an Aeroccino milk frother to give different type of coffees according to the taste of the person plus the machine does not require much energy to brew a cup of coffee and all you need to do is to click the start button then it will do the rest on its own. It comes with an ergonomic handle and known for its sleek design and light compact weight among the users hence it is an ultimate love for the household women. It provides the best espressos coffee cups ranging from hot to dilute American style.
(+)Pros of Nespresso Inissia Espreso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother in Black
The shinning qualities of this espresso machine are as under.
- It has the capacity to froth the milk according to your desire with its aeroccino milk frother hence you can get a fancy cup of coffee by just one click
- The machine is also very small in size so known for its space efficiency and one can easily set it on the kitchen counter.
- It comes in different beautiful colors other than black which makes it desirable for the people who are very much into home décor. You can easily find your color match to couple it up with your kitchen counter or walls.
- The machine is very fast to use and serves the temptations as quick as a machine possibly can plus it is also very simple yet fun to use.
- This machine gives the best creamy consistency and excellent original espresso taste.
- Espresso coffee capsules can be easily inserted or ejected from the machine.
- The water tank also has quite huge capacity to store water and can store up to 24 ounces and is removable.
- Nespresso machine also includes folding tray cup which can hold larger cups too.
- If you are running late and you forget to switch off the coffee maker then you don’t need to worry because this espresso machine has a built-in automatic power off after inactivity of nine minutes.
(-)Cons of Nespresso Inissia Espreso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother in Black
- The most prominent drawback of this machine is that it is not pocket friendly so everybody can’t have one but since the quality of machine is very high you cannot complain about the price.
- The machine is also a bit noisy. Although it makes noise like a normal grinder do but still it’s not perfect enough to use at night or early in the morning in a small place as it will disturb others.
- It only makes one drink at a time so you have to repeat the process in order to get multiple cups.
4. Nespresso’s Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan
Nespresso machines are known for their reliability and compact designs so this pixie model by nespresso is also one of the best espresso machines. It comes with switchable side handles or panels to give the machine a variety in design and you can select the panel according to your taste. Although the size of this pixie machine is very small but still it has a very good and strong pressure bar that retrieve all of the aroma and flavor from capsule successfully and gives the best cup of espresso. Coffee making also becomes easy with this machine as it is very simple to use and all a user has to do is to click the start button. It is available in two beautiful colors, i-e; black-lemon and white-coral. Both the colors look very stylish and give a snugly feeling.
(+)Pros of Nespresso’s Pixie Espreso Maker, Electric Titan
It has wonderful qualities which make it worth buying.
- It is a very light and compact machine and weighs only three kg which makes it easier to use and handy.
- It also have automatic power-off time of nine minutes so a person would not have to worry about the switching the machine off after usage.
- Heating-up time is also very swift so it can produce a cup of coffee in less than twenty five to thirty seconds.
- The capsules container capacity is 9-11. A used capsule gets release in the container immediately after brewing the coffee automatically.
- Pixie model has removable water tank of almost 0.8 liter.
(-)Cons of Nespresso’s Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan
- The coffee machine does not provide a nice dry spell of coffee and it left sprays on counter so you might have to use it by placing a towel underneath or would have to clean the counter after every shot.
- It also has a small reservoir and because of this con a person needs to refill it again and again in order to brew good amount of espresso. Frequent refilling is a great off of this product.
- You will need to support the tray cup with your hands and the cup folding tray bounce back to the original position immediately after the removal of cup.
- Capsules cannot be bought from everywhere and you have to contact the company’s website for ordering more capsules which they are only providing currently in bulks of 50.
5. KRUPS XP1000 Steam Espresso Machine with Frothing Nozzle for Cappuccino
This is also a great espresso machine which can produce four to five cups of coffee at a time with just a single click. It is very easy to operate and serves aromatic delicious cups of espressos, lattes and cappuccinos however it is also a steam driven machine so it requires quite a careful handling in terms of releasing the steam after using the machine every time and also the cleaning up and drying up process as it will increase the longevity of the item. This espresso machine is also budget friendly hence even students can afford it easily just after saving a couple of bucks. The frothing nozzle makes it easy to brew delicious cappuccinos and the machine also look nice with its simple design.
(+)Pros of KRUPS XP1000 Steam Espresso Machine with Frothing Nozzle for Cappuccino
This machine also has some qualities to keep it in the list of best espresso machines available in the market.
· To get the delicious espresso a person just have to fill the water tank and grinder hence it gives excellent espresso after three to four minutes of setting the knob to espresso button. This machine not only saves the money but also save the time as making espresso with it is quite easy and simple.
· This machine is also very small in size which is a great quality because people usually want light and compact machines to save the space on kitchen counter.
· Stop spending the excessive amount of money on coffee shops and buy this machine as it is very affordable and also provide a wide range of cappuccino and espresso because of its nozzle milk frother.
· This machine is also very easy to clean with all the removable parts.
(-)Cons of KRUPS XP1000 Steam Espresso Machine with Frothing Nozzle for Cappuccino
· The steam nozzle is a bit difficult to use. Actually it will need time to adjust it according to your style of brewing coffee and after sometime you will learn to retrieve the coffee safely from the nozzle in the cup.
· The machine is not pump driven so cannot provide well enough creamy consistency.
· The machine also lacks the swivel action which makes it difficult to use in the long run
What people love about espressos are the foam over the coffee cup which is really hard to get when you are brewing the coffee at home but if you have the best espresso machine with you then there is not any problem in having perfect micro-foam because best espresso machines have huge sized boiler chambers that control the pressure and volume of steam, good enough to give the desired amount of foam over the coffee cup. Espresso machines with huge boiler chambers usually cost a bit more than an ordinary espresso machine but you would not mind to spend once in order to have lifetime foamy smooth coffee. A 360 degree rational steam wand is also very essential in an espresso machine to control the amount of milk. Here are some of the best espresso machines from which you can pick one easily according to your needs.
Machines mentioned in this review
|De'Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker||DeLonghi||EC155||$94.13|
|Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine, Black||Mr. Coffee||ECM160||$39.99|
|Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother, Black||Nespresso||A+D40-US-BK-NE||$199.00|
|KRUPS XP1000 Steam Espresso Machine with Frothing Nozzle for Cappuccino, Black||KRUPS||8000034767||$99.99|
|Nespresso Pixie C60 Electric Titan Espresso Machine + Set of 4 Ceramic Tiara Espresso Cups (3 oz) and Saucers||aSavings||N/A||N/A|